Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Freaked!

Tomorrow is my first day back into nursing. And I'm scared out of my mind. I'm nervous like it was my first day in school. I can't really fathom why I'm so antsy...well probably because I go from being inactive in nursing for 2 years to straight on a floor as an agency nurse with the lives of 4 people dependent on my skills.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't prepared---I've done ACLS, read my Kaplan books exhaustively and taken every test I could get my hands on. It's not the procedure and tasks I'm nervous about...I'm afraid that for some reason, it won't come rushing back. I'm afraid that I'll falter or maybe miss something very important in my patient's that will determine their outcome.

I'm working tomorrow night shift for the first time in 2.5 years...so if there is anyone reading this around then...say a prayer for me. I need all the help I can get.

No comments: