Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ode to Patients

To my favorite patients of the week,

Mr. 32A, for having a smile for me when I walked through the door. For calling me pretty lady and holding my hand. For making your wife blush at your banter. For being cheery even though it seemed like you'd been sick for a while and not getting better. For working hard with physical therapy when your body was wanting to quit. For being patient for 3 days waiting for a private room. For brushing your teeth at night.

Mr. 21, for coming into the hospital the first time in 20 years. For all the wide eyed innocence and simple questions. For not ringing your bell incessantly but grouping all your needs. For introducing me to your whole family as if we were family. For not worrying and trusting me when I said everything was going to be okay. For taking all your pills. For not complaining over all the times we were sticking you. For drinking that cup of coffee like it was better than Starbucks.

Thank you both.

xoxoxo
Your nurse

3 comments:

NocturnalRN said...

Yes patients like these are nice. huh? Like a fresh breath of wonderful air.

Vixen said...

True dat!

Nelson said...

wow... nice way to say thank you to patients who dont give us headaches... :)