Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Blues

Okay, even as a nurse with an iron stomach, some things totally make me squeamish. It's weird, I can deal with lots of poop and vomit, but let me have a patient that needs regular suctioning and I'll be inwardly cringing. There is something about the Crrrrr sound of suctioning that gets my grout and flips me out. RT's like suctioning, and I know alot of nurses that dig it, but that shit is not my cup of tea at all. Ewwwww!

Luckily in med surg, you rarely run into a frequent suctioning case so it's not something I have to deal with much.

I'm getting to my last couple of weeks on the job and I'm trying to rack up the OT like crazy. I plan to work hard for the next three weeks, bank up that holiday money and take a week vacation between my present job and my new one. I hope that everything works out in my mind like I've planned.

As you can see, I don't have much to say today, but I'm glad that I'm a nurse, even though we are so underpaid for the ish we put up with, the good times for me are far more than the bad. Sorry for the blathering, I'm kinda tired after pulling a double last night but too wired to sleep.

Hugs to the nurses out there.

No comments: